Thursday, November 12, 2009

There is such a thing as an unemployed doctor

So, you shocked by the title? Well, it's true... I used to be one. After residency, you have to apply for service registry.. in other words, you serve the people.. Being naive, i applied for positions at one hospital alone which was way back in late december last year.. I just found out a few weeks ago that my applications were all unsucessful...

What happened? I have no idea but I now know that I should have applied everywhere even if most hospitals are not advertising grade 10 postions (the lowest service registry grading you have to start at).. So i am hitting the paper trail.. I plan on writing to every public hospital i can think of.. somewhere out there, someone needs a doctor..

In the meantime, working in private health care pays the bills plus i get to practice medicine and improve my people skills... Smile now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment